Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Jochen Lillich <jl...@teamlinux.de> on 2001/06/05 18:15:10 UTC

Store DBIx::Recordset inside an object

Hi,

I'd like to store an DBIx::Recordset typeglob inside a data object. All
methods of the object shall have access to this RS.

I tried

	$self->{RECORDSET} = DBIx::Recordset->Setup(...)

but it didn't work. When I use $self->{RECORDSET}, it doesn't behave
like a typeglob any more. What's the right way to do this?

I'm afraid I haven't really understood the concept of typeglobs so
far, so I'd be more than happy to get some help from you.

Greetings,

	Jochen

Re: Store DBIx::Recordset inside an object

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

> I'd like to store an DBIx::Recordset typeglob inside a data object. All
> methods of the object shall have access to this RS.
>
> I tried
>
> $self->{RECORDSET} = DBIx::Recordset->Setup(...)
>
> but it didn't work. When I use $self->{RECORDSET}, it doesn't behave
> like a typeglob any more. What's the right way to do this?

typeglob's are real magic...

For your above case you simply have to dereference $self->{RECORDSET}, i.e.

$self->{RECORDSET}->{fieldname}           # hash access
$self->{RECORDSET}->[$row]{fieldname}    # array access
${$self->{RECORDSET}} -> Search (...) ;    # call a method

Hope this helps

Gerald