Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Robin Wilson <r....@rmplc.co.uk> on 2004/07/23 21:54:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2 on Suse 9.1: Seems not to be loading and can't find how to load it

Hi all,

I have, until recently, had Apache 2 running perfectly happily on my Suse
9.1 box.

Earlier today, I turned on my box and it didn't seem to load. When I try to
go to localhost I just get a message saying "Could not connect to host
localhost". It looks like apache isn't running, but how do I start it. I
have tried all the instructions that I could find on the net, but none of
them seem to work on my system. How should I get apache running? I don't
think i've altered any system files recently (at least not knowingly!). Does
Suse 9.1 put the binaries in a different place?

I'm sure this is a simple question, but I can't seem to find an answer
anywhere. Sorry if I'm being dumb!

Thanks in advance

Robin

---