Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by didi <ch...@itemis.de> on 2007/07/12 14:13:45 UTC

JBI Compliance of ServiceMix Component

Hello,

I have a question about the JBI compliance of the components provided by
ServiceMix.
Although some Comonents claim to be compliant the way to configure a
ServiceUnit confuses me: The JBI spec as i understood it says that e.g.
Interface, Service and Endpoint for a service provided has to be defined in
die SUs jbi.xml as well as the consumed Services / Interfaces. But in
ServiceMix this is done by the proprietary xml config files from ServiceMix.
So are these components compliant or not?
(regardless the things that are done in the components ServiceUnitManager
deploy method)

Greets

Didi

Re: JBI Compliance of ServiceMix Component

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 7/12/07, didi <ch...@itemis.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a question about the JBI compliance of the components provided by
> ServiceMix.
> Although some Comonents claim to be compliant the way to configure a
> ServiceUnit confuses me: The JBI spec as i understood it says that e.g.
> Interface, Service and Endpoint for a service provided has to be defined in
> die SUs jbi.xml as well as the consumed Services / Interfaces. But in
> ServiceMix this is done by the proprietary xml config files from ServiceMix.
> So are these components compliant or not?
> (regardless the things that are done in the components ServiceUnitManager
> deploy method)

Each SU in ServiceMix is a Spring application, hence the xbean.xml
file - this is implementation specific for the configuration of each
application. Each SU and each SA must also contain a jbi.xml file in
the META-INF directory - this is spec compliant for the deployment to
the JBI container. The jbi.xml file is generated by the
jbi-maven-plugin through a combination of the pom.xml and the
xbean.xml.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/