Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk> on 2002/05/15 17:27:33 UTC

FW:

Hi,

This is *really* annoying... is it only me?

Hi. This is the James mail server at linux.killerbees.co.uk.

Unknown SMTP host: mail.apache.org.;
  nested exception is:
	java.net.UnknownHostException: mail.apache.org.

The original message is attached.

Re: FW:

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
I assume this is something you see in every day use, not something
special related to the list.  This looks related to the permanent vs
temporary failure problem that was cleaned up in the latest alpha release.
--
Serge Knystautas
http://www.lokitech.com/

Re:

Posted by Kevin Holmes <ke...@open-iq.com>.
not just you, I get it at seemingly random intervals, if I retry the same
address a bit later then more often than not the email goes through.

something to do with the way James handles timeouts on MX queries or SMTP
connections ?

Kevin.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>