Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> on 2003/06/30 17:15:41 UTC

Conclusion Re: [VOTE] - POI TNEF contribution (Mail format)

With all positive votes and none negative.. .it passes.

Amichai, please sign this: http://jakarta.apache.org/site/agreement.html and
return it.

Additionally please disclose any sources you used to come upon the
information and any restrictions that you may be aware of.  Please state
that you've never been party to a non-disclosure or similar exclusionary
agreement with the Microsoft Corporation and that you've never been party to
any information illegally disclosed as such.

-Andy

--
Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

Re: Conclusion Re: [VOTE] - POI TNEF contribution (Mail format)

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net>.
On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/mapi/html/_
> mapi1book_legal_information_2.asp
>
> "
> Microsoft may have patents, patent applications, trademarks, copyrights, or
> other intellectual property rights covering subject matter in this document.
> Except as expressly provided in any written license agreement from
> Microsoft, the furnishing of this document does not give you any license to
> these patents, trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property.
> "
>
> Board,
>
> How can we go about seeing if the TNEF contribution is possible? (read
> below).  Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Um, by asking Microsoft?  Seems like they're the only ones who can say.
The above strongly suggests to me that any use would need to be approved
by them.  I've been meaning to ask them about SCC (the API used by visual
studio for version control) anyways.

I know of at least one sympathetic ear inside there.  I'll ask him and see
what he thinks.  He will be at OSCON next week, if there's a desire for a
meeting.

	Brian

Re: Conclusion Re: [VOTE] - POI TNEF contribution (Mail format)

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
That¹s actually a question:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/mapi/html/_
mapi1book_legal_information_2.asp

"
Microsoft may have patents, patent applications, trademarks, copyrights, or
other intellectual property rights covering subject matter in this document.
Except as expressly provided in any written license agreement from
Microsoft, the furnishing of this document does not give you any license to
these patents, trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property.
"

Board,

How can we go about seeing if the TNEF contribution is possible? (read
below).  Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

andy