Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by "Muth, Douglas" <Do...@cable.comcast.com> on 2016/05/23 17:54:03 UTC

Pre-Built NiFi RPMs

Hi,

My group uses NiFi internally, and since there weren’t any RPMs on the website, I built some!  You can view them here: https://comcast.box.com/s/hbsr2w2c270liobprymvwpmf2i4d9ar6

I can confirm that the RPMs each run under CentOS 6.x, and they are built to install NiFi in /opt/nifi/.

Since I have the build process fairly nailed down at this point, I’d be happy to either:

1) Contribute them to the project and/or

2) Provide build instructions for building RPMs from the tarballs.

Please let me know if you’re interested, thanks!

— Doug

--
Douglas Muth
Engineer, Comcast Internet Communications Analytics

Re: Pre-Built NiFi RPMs

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Doug,

We do have an RPM target on our nifi build but we could certainly do
more and we could also just document well how to do it for now.  Have
you had a chance to try to build nifi using the 'mvn clean install
-Prpm' profile?

https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/master/nifi-assembly/pom.xml#L484

We could also perhaps document your steps in #2 on the wiki page?

Thanks
Joe