Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 1999/01/15 23:48:07 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/helpers GuessOS PrintPath TestCompile binbuild.sh buildinfo.sh checkheader.sh find-dbm-lib findcpp.sh

dgaudet@hyperreal.org wrote:

> dgaudet     99/01/15 14:40:01
>
>   Modified:    .        configure
>                src      CHANGES Configure
>                src/helpers GuessOS PrintPath TestCompile binbuild.sh
>                         buildinfo.sh checkheader.sh find-dbm-lib findcpp.sh
>                         fmn.sh fp2rp install.sh mkshadow.sh ppl.sh slo.sh
>   Log:
>   Back out jim's recent "x"/"." change.  This is a veto and I've given
>   reasons in new-httpd.

Expect me to re-apply this but as "x$var" = "x" (or ".$var" = ".", I
don't care which) because the old way DID have things wrong with it:
  1. Inconsistancy
  2. simple bad code. eg: [ $var = yes ] type things.