Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Till Toenshoff <to...@me.com> on 2015/12/08 04:59:56 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.26.0 (rc4)

Hi friends,

we had noticed some discrepancies between the V0 API and the V1 API,
hence we had to create a new release candidate even after the voting of
0.26.0-rc3 had officially ended. Sorry for that!

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Mesos 0.26.0.

The CHANGELOG for the release is available at:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=mesos.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGELOG;hb=0.26.0-rc4

The candidate for Mesos 0.26.0 release is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/0.26.0-rc4/mesos-0.26.0.tar.gz

The tag to be voted on is 0.26.0-rc4:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=mesos.git;a=commit;h=0.26.0-rc4

The MD5 checksum of the tarball can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/0.26.0-rc4/mesos-0.26.0.tar.gz.md5

The signature of the tarball can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/0.26.0-rc4/mesos-0.26.0.tar.gz.asc

The PGP key used to sign the release is here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/mesos/KEYS

The JAR is up in Maven in a staging repository here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemesos-1093

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Mesos 0.26.0!

The vote is open until Fri Dec 11 04:50:51 CET 2015 and passes if a majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Mesos 0.26.0

Bernd & Till

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.26.0 (rc4)

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <be...@gmail.com>.
To be clear, I'm a binding -1 without this fix pulled in unless folks can
convince me otherwise. :)

Are we sure that folks are even using the consecutive failure health check
feature successfully? When a colleague showed me how he ran into this bug,
it was happening with a pretty high frequency! This led to us spending
hours figuring out what was wrong. That's a really bad experience to give
users, and might be the kind of thing that bites us and warrants a 0.26.1.

Happy to vote promptly on the next RC! Thanks for all the hard work so far
with the release, it really is appreciated.

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 11:22 AM, Benjamin Mahler <benjamin.mahler@gmail.com

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <be...@gmail.com>.
What is the workaround?

Posted by Jan Schlicht <ja...@mesosphere.io>.
+1 (non-binding)

Tested on OS X, Fedora 23, and CentOS 7.1 with and without SSL.
`sudo ./bin/mesos-tests.sh` was fine, apart from known (non blocker) issues.

--
*Jan Schlicht*
Distributed Systems Engineer, Mesosphere

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.26.0 (rc4)

Posted by Jan Schlicht <ja...@mesosphere.io>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <be...@gmail.com>.
What is the workaround?

Posted by Bernd Mathiske <be...@mesosphere.io>.

Posted by Bernd Mathiske <be...@mesosphere.io>.

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bernd Mathiske <be...@mesosphere.io>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Alexander Rojas <al...@mesosphere.io>.
+1 (non-binding)

Tested on Debian 8 the following configurations:

```
$ configure && make -j8 check
$ configure && make -j8  distcheck
$ configure && sudo make -j8 check
$ configure && sudo make-j8 distcheck
$ configure --enable-ssl --enable-libevent && make -j8  check
$ configure --enable-ssl --enable-libevent && make -j8  distcheck
$ configure --enable-ssl --enable-libevent && sudo make-j8 check
$ configure --enable-ssl --enable-libevent && sudo make-j8 distcheck
```
Apart from the known non blocker issues

Posted by Bernd Mathiske <be...@mesosphere.io>.
+1 (binding)