Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sean Brown <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/25 03:19:29 UTC

[users@httpd] Multiple instances bound to separate IPs?

Is it possible to run two separate instances of Apache, both on port
80, but each bound to a different IP?  So, for instance one, I'd have
this in the httpd.conf:

Listen 192.168.1.1:80

And in the other, I'd have have:

Listen 192.168.1.2:80

If I started each with a specification of configuration file, would it
work, or would I get an error about a service already bound to port
80?  I'd start them like so

/usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -f /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf -k start
/usr/local/apache2_php5/bin/httpd -f
/usr/local/apache2_php5/conf/httpd.conf -k start

Thanks in advance,

Sean