Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Chris Pepper <pe...@mail.reppep.com> on 2000/12/02 21:31:54 UTC

configuration directories?

	Is this feature available in 2.0 too, or just 1.3.15? (I'm
trying to bring my 1.3 changes over to 2.0, and noticed that it's
mentioned in <httpd-docs-1.3/htdocs/manual/configuring.html> but not
2.0:

><P>New with Apache 1.3.13 is a feature where if any configuration
>file is actually a directory, Apache will enter that directory
>and parse any files (and subdirectories) found there as configuration
>files. One possible use for this would be to add VirtualHosts
>by creating small configuration files for each host, and placing
>them in such a configuration directory. Thus, you can add or
>remove VirtualHosts without editing any files at all, simply
>adding or deleting them. This makes automating such processes
>much easier.

						Chris Pepper

--
Chris Pepper     | Shooting Gallery Interactive | 212 905-2200
Mac OS X Software:   <http://www.mosxsw.com/>

Posted by Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>.
On Sat, 2 Dec 2000, Chris Pepper wrote:

> 	Is this feature available in 2.0 too, or just 1.3.15? (I'm
> trying to bring my 1.3 changes over to 2.0, and noticed that it's
> mentioned in <httpd-docs-1.3/htdocs/manual/configuring.html> but not
> 2.0:

It was forward-ported to 2.0.  However, I don't think the discussion
of this feature really belongs in configuring.html, since that
document is meant to be a brief overview, not a detailed
feature-by-feature discussion.  At most, it should be briefly
mentioned.  (But that is just my opinion.  If you want to bring the whole
paragraph forward into the 2.0 docs that is fine with me.)

Joshua.

Re: configuration directories?

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
On Sat, 2 Dec 2000, Chris Pepper wrote:

> 	Is this feature available in 2.0 too, or just 1.3.15? (I'm
> trying to bring my 1.3 changes over to 2.0, and noticed that it's
> mentioned in <httpd-docs-1.3/htdocs/manual/configuring.html> but not
> 2.0:

Yes it is in 2.0 as well.

Ryan

406 29th St.