Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Adriano Crestani <ad...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/14 08:49:05 UTC

subscribe

    I'm actually studing computer science in UFMT-Brazil (Federal University
of Mato Grosso-Brazil) and as Luciano Resende was inviting students to help
this project I decided to give a hand to this community with the little
knowledge in database and Java I have, and I expect to learn as much as I
can about XML and the integration between Java and XML. I'd like to know if
there's somebody that can help to give the first step on this project, cause
I don't know where to start :s. Thanks!

Adriano Crestani

Re: subscribe

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Adriano

Welcome and thanks for showing interest in Tuscany.

Tuscany Project is about the development of infrastructures that will change
the way enterprise solutions are built and integrated.  To this objective
there are three sub projects happening within Tuscany - SCA, DAS and SDO.

To get a quick overview of these projects and the technologies that they
deal with, please visit our website
http://incubator.apache.org/tuscany/index.html.

You can contribute to any of these sub-projects and may be even all :).  For
now take a look at the site to get some ground on these.

Another site that is worth looking at is http://osoa.org - home of the the
Open SOA collaboration which prescribes the specifications for our SCA and
SDO implementations.   There are some very well written documents
(whitepapers and the specs themselves) out there which will give you a good
idea of SCA and SDO.

So, jump in with these and feel free to ask over the mailing list for any
help you require.  I and the others in Tuscany will be very happly to help.

Thanks

- Venkat

Re: subscribe

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Adriano

   Thanks for your interest, you are joining us in a moment where we are all
trying to cut a release and get documentation for it done, so, maybe you
could help us validate the DAS Release candidate and see if the
documentation available with that can give you necessary steps to run
samples and compile the source code. DAS RC3 is available here :

http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-user%40ws.apache.org/msg00276.html

   You can also check the pointers to get started that I sent to Willian
couple weeks ago:

         http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg08980.html

   As for you desire to work with XML, once you get familiarized with the
DAS piece, and want to get a shot on trying to come up with a proposal to
get a XML implementation of DAS, you could start contributing in that area.

   Again, welcome and feel free to ask any questions here...

- Luciano