Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Heshan Suriyaarachchi <he...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/13 08:26:53 UTC

XPath 2.0 Support in Axiom

Hi Devs,

In Apache Synapse, we use AXIOMXpath to evaluate XPath. Recently I came
across an issue when evaluating XPath expressions.

AXIOMXPath is written by extending the BaseXPath of Jaxen. Therefore, since
Jaxen does not support XPath 2.0, we can not use AXIOMXPath to evaluate
XPath 2.0 functions.

I think the reason for not being able to evaluate XPath 2.0 expression may
be attributed to the manner in which AXIOMXPath is written. ie. AXIOMXPath
is not written in a generic manner. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Is there a way to support XPath 2.0 with the current implementation of
Axiom? If not, I would like to contribute to Axiom and improve AXIOMXpath,
so that it would support XPath 2.0 expressions. I would appreciate any
pointers or feedback regarding $subject. I have already created a jira [1]
for this issue.

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIOM-367

Heshan Suriyaarachchi

http://heshans.blogspot.com/