Posted to nmaven-dev@incubator.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/17 21:47:55 UTC

Snapshot artifact resolution on the 0.14 branch?

What is the state of snapshot artifact resolution on the 0.14 branch?

I had trouble with timestamped snapshots of plugins, so I opened NMAVEN-126 [1].

I see NMAVEN-62 [2] (Snapshots not supported in assemblies compiled
from Java or VB) which is closed as fixed back in December.

http://incubator.apache.org/nmaven/0.14/getting-started.html still says:
"Due to a bug, SNAPSHOTS are only supported for C#:  NMAVEN-62"

I've got a fairly complicated setup with lots of repos and mirrors, so
I'm just wondering if snapshots are supposed to be working, and if so,
whether to expect timestamped snapshots to work, or just non-unique
ones?  For plugins and/or regular dependencies?

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/NMAVEN-126
[2] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/NMAVEN-62

Wendy

Re: Snapshot artifact resolution on the 0.14 branch?

Posted by Shane Isbell <sh...@gmail.com>.
Snapshots should be working for C# and VB, including timestamps. Evan had
submitted a patch a year ago that allowed us to do snapshots for C# and I
added it to VB after that.

Shane