Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Shal Jain <sj...@foundationip.com> on 2003/07/09 16:19:27 UTC

James + MS Exchnage

This is tangential to James but I'm hoping some one knows what's going on

JAMES 2.1.2
OS - Win 2K Server

James is deployed as part of a web app.  Some emails sent using JAMES, to
certain email recipients (all of whom have MS Exchange deployed as the email
server),
when received appear as following:

This message uses a character set that is not supported by the Internet
Service.  To view the original message content,  open the attached message.
If the text doesn't display correctly, save the attachment to disk, and then
open it using a viewer that can display the original character set.
 <<message.txt>>

I have started to look at the body of the email to find out if there are any
issues but I haven't made any progress yet.
I suspect that there might be some control or unprintable chars during the
original composition (user did a cut and paste out of Word or some other
app)
into the web form. If so, I can script out such chars.

Is there another way to solve this.  Do I need to set some header using
javamail api while building up the mail object

I'd appreciate any pointers

-shal

Re: James + MS Exchnage

Posted by Shal Jain <sh...@intertechsys.com>.
The issue as it turns out is that users are doing a cut & paste from MS Word
into an HTML form.
The offending line is ' 37 CFR § 1.56'.   The input is captured and a string
is constructed w/ the default
platform encoding and then a mail object is created. The  § character throws
off MSExchange Server.

Re: James + MS Exchnage

Posted by Hontvari Jozsef <ho...@solware.com>.