Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Fred Habash <fm...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/28 17:10:17 UTC

Re: Cassandra upgrade from 2.2.8 to 3.10

Hi ...
I'm finding anecdotal evidence on the internet that we are able to upgrade
2.2.8 to latest 3.11.2. Post below indicates that you can upgrade to latest
3.x from 2.1.9 because 3.x no longer requires 'structured upgrade path'.

I just want to confirm that such upgrade is supported. If yes, where can I
find official documentation showing upgrade path across releases.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42094935/apache-cassandra-upgrade-3-x-from-2-1

Thanks

--

Thank you ...
Fred Habash, Database Solutions Architect (Oracle OCP 8i,9i,10g,11g)

RE: Cassandra upgrade from 2.2.8 to 3.10

Posted by Fd Habash <fm...@gmail.com>.
Thank you.

In regards to my second inquiry, as we plan for C* upgrades, I did not find the NEWS.txt always to be telling of possible upgrade paths. Is there a rule of thumb or may be an official reference for upgrade paths?

----------------
Thank you

You can perform an upgrade from 2.2.x straight to 3.11.2, but the op suggests adding nodes in 3.10 to a cluster that runs 2.2.8, which is why Jeff says it won't work.

I see no reason to upgrade to 3.10 and not 3.11.2 by the way.

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 5:10 PM Fred Habash <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Alexander Dejanovski
France
@alexanderdeja

Consultant
Apache Cassandra Consulting
http://www.thelastpickle.com

Re: Cassandra upgrade from 2.2.8 to 3.10

Posted by Alexander Dejanovski <al...@thelastpickle.com>.