Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by andre seame <an...@hotmail.fr> on 2016/03/30 11:08:47 UTC

Test with IMarkupResourceStreamProvider and using IMarkupResourceStreamProvider for input

Hello,

1°) According the advices of this mailing list, I try to use IMarkupResourceStreamProvider as described in
https://ci.apache.org/projects/wicket/guide/7.x/guide/single.html#advanced_5

When using something like:

public class AutoMarkupGenPanel extends Panel implements IMarkupResourceStreamProvider
 {
        public AutoMarkupGenPanel(String id, IModel<?> model)
      {
                super(id, model);
        }

        @Override
        public IResourceStream getMarkupResourceStream(MarkupContainer container,
                        Class<?> containerClass)
       {
                String markup = "<div>Panel markup</div>";
                StringResourceStream resourceStream = new StringResourceStream(markup);
                return resourceStream;
        }
}
I get :
Last cause: Expected to find <wicket:panel> in associated markup file. Markup: org.apache.wicket.util.resource.StringResourceStream@761796f3<ma...@761796f3>:

Misunderstanding or bug in documentation?

2°) If I change the markup to: String markup = "<wicket:panel> my dynamic code </wicket:panel>";
It is OK.

If I declare class AutoMarkupGenPanel extends Panel as class AutoMarkupGenPanel extends Label, it does not work. It seems just as getMarkupResourceStream is not called.

3°) I want to have is : <input wicket:id="dateTo" type="text/>

The markup I use in my AutoMarkupGenPanel is
String markup = "<wicket:panel><input wicket:id=\""+key+"\" /></wicket:panel>";

It fails:

Root cause:

Unable to find component with id 'dateTo' in [InputText [Component id = after]]
        Expected: 'filterForm:tableWithFilterForm:topToolbars:toolbars:3:headers:6:header:panel:after:dateTo'.
        Found with similar names: 'filterForm:dateTo'
 MarkupStream: [markup = org.apache.wicket.util.resource.StringResourceStream@3055f58b: <wicket:panel><input wicket:id="dateTo" /></wicket:panel>
<wicket:panel><input wicket:id="dateTo"/></wicket:panel>, index = 1, current =  '<input wicket:id="dateTo"/>' (line 0, column 0)]
     at org.apache.wicket.markup.MarkupStream.throwMarkupException(MarkupStream.java:526)

Is it possible to use IMarkupResourceStreamProvider  in this use case ?

Thanks for any idea or pointers.

PHL.

Re: Test with IMarkupResourceStreamProvider and using IMarkupResourceStreamProvider for input

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 11:08 AM, andre seame <an...@hotmail.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 1°) According the advices of this mailing list, I try to use
> IMarkupResourceStreamProvider as described in
>
> https://ci.apache.org/projects/wicket/guide/7.x/guide/single.html#advanced_5
>
> When using something like:
>
> public class AutoMarkupGenPanel extends Panel implements
> IMarkupResourceStreamProvider
>  {
>         public AutoMarkupGenPanel(String id, IModel<?> model)
>       {
>                 super(id, model);
>         }
>
>         @Override
>         public IResourceStream getMarkupResourceStream(MarkupContainer
> container,
>                         Class<?> containerClass)
>        {
>                 String markup = "<div>Panel markup</div>";
>                 StringResourceStream resourceStream = new
> StringResourceStream(markup);
>                 return resourceStream;
>         }
> }
> I get :
> Last cause: Expected to find <wicket:panel> in associated markup file.
> Markup: org.apache.wicket.util.resource.StringResourceStream@761796f3
> <ma...@761796f3>:
>
> Misunderstanding or bug in documentation?

Bug in the documentation.

> 2°) If I change the markup to: String markup = "<wicket:panel> my dynamic
> code </wicket:panel>";
> It is OK.
>
> If I declare class AutoMarkupGenPanel extends Panel as class
> AutoMarkupGenPanel extends Label, it does not work. It seems just as
> getMarkupResourceStream is not called.

Label is not MarkupContainer, it is a WebComponent. So it depends on its
parent to provide its markup.
It is a bit confusing, I see, but this is how it works.

> 3°) I want to have is : <input wicket:id="dateTo" type="text/>
>
> The markup I use in my AutoMarkupGenPanel is
> String markup = "<wicket:panel><input wicket:id=\""+key+"\"
> /></wicket:panel>";
>
> It fails:
>
> Root cause:
>
> Unable to find component with id 'dateTo' in [InputText [Component id =
> after]]
>         Expected:
> 'filterForm:tableWithFilterForm:topToolbars:toolbars:3:headers:6:header:panel:after:dateTo'.
>         Found with similar names: 'filterForm:dateTo'

It seems you add the Panel directly to the "filterForm", while you should
add it much deeper in its hierarchy.