Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com> on 2008/08/01 06:45:55 UTC

Re: Can somebody explain to me the tags / POM versioning / release scheme?

Okay, I'm slowly getting my head around all this.  Just one thing
left, I think.  In order to actually build the stuff, I'm going to
need a "build root", i.e. an instance of project "cocoon-project".  I
figured how which directories in tags/ correspond to things in the
directory tree of this root project (e.g. core/, blocks/, parent/,
tools/ etc.) (and I still have to work out how to check those modules
out to a particular version in git, but I'm sure I'll be able to
figure that out); however I don't see where cocoon-project itself is
tagged anywhere.  So... I assume that I should branch from trunk at
the Subversion rev. when the cocoon-6 tags (at least for the core
stuff?) were made.  Is that right?  I want to make sure I get pom.xml
and settings.xml (anything else?) that are correct for building Cocoon
2.2 (or parts of it, anyway).

What about branches/, is there anything I need to be aware of there?

thx-a-lot,
Mark