Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by David Johnson <d_...@cox-internet.com> on 2004/06/04 04:18:01 UTC

ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when starting transform

Because the example is lengthy, I will direct you to a url for the XSLT script and the XML to be transformed.

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Programming_Languages/Java/Q_21012768.html

I am sure that something is wrong with either the script or the transformer parameter initialization.  When the transformer starts, it has an entity token of 65536.  It tries to get something from the DTM manager, and the DTM manager doesn't find anything (0 elements) so it returns a -1 (DTM.NULL) for the type.  Of course, when the -1 is used as an index into an array an exception is raised.

I am using xalan 2.6.0 with J2SDK 1.4.2_03.

Short form:  What is the parser trying to tell me, and what do I do about it?

Thanks,