Posted to dev@systemml.apache.org by Deron Eriksson <de...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/16 23:21:05 UTC

"sparse" metadata attribute default value for writing csv

Hi,

Right now the DML Language Ref states that the default value for the
"sparse" metadata attribute (for the write function) is true.
However, DEFAULT_DELIM_SPARSE in DataExpression is false.

Which value is 'correct'? I assume the docs should be updated to reflect
the code?

Deron

Re: "sparse" metadata attribute default value for writing csv

Posted by Shirish Tatikonda <sh...@gmail.com>.
Deron,

It should be *false*.
When we created that capability, the default value we started with was
*true* (i.e., do not write out zeros) but then, after getting feedback from
users, we changed the default to *false* (i.e., write out zeros). I guess
the documentation was never updated. Good catch!

Shirish