Posted to user@ant.apache.org by John Lindwall <JL...@Xifin.com> on 2002/04/05 23:34:59 UTC

"Including" external build.xml files

We're interested in having a core "build.xml" file with the necessary logic to build our application.  In addition we'd like to have some non-essential but convenient build targets available but not clutter up the core build.xml.

For example, our core java compile stage will compile everything at once.  For the convenience of developers it's nice to have a javac target per-package so they can just compile the package they are working on and not the whole tree.

Is it possible to have a convenience.xml that "includes" the build.xml?  The developers can use convenience.xml which provides access to the core targets in build.xml and the convenient targets.  The nightly build process can simple use build.xml.

Thanks.