Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net> on 2007/02/27 00:20:35 UTC

[S2] Session scoped action errors/messages

Struts1 allows action errors and messages to be saved into the session
for display after a redirect, and supports automatically clearing the
messages once they've been displayed. Does Struts2 have any support for
achieving the same thing?

ValidationAware doesn't specify any scope-aware methods (nor would it
seem appropriate for it to do do). Is there some other interface I can
implement, or interceptor I can configure, to allow messages to cross a
redirect-boundary?

For example, consider the following action:

@Result(value="success.jsp", type=ServletActionRedirect.class)
public class MyAction extends ActionSupport {
   public String execute() {
     addActionMessage("operation succeeded");
     return SUCCESS;
   }
}

If nothing like this exists already, I'll implement an interceptor but I
don't want to be re-inventing any wheels ;=)

L.