Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> on 2019/04/14 14:56:58 UTC

Re: Noticed performance degrade from lucene-7.5.0 to lucene-8.0.0

Without further information we can't help here. So we would need the type of queries (conjunction, disjunction, phrase,...). There are significant changes which may cause some queries to be slower, but others like 50 times faster if the exact number of results are not needed, see https://www.elastic.co/blog/faster-retrieval-of-top-hits-in-elasticsearch-with-block-max-wand

Uwe

--
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen