Posted to commits@spamassassin.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/07/23 20:06:45 UTC

[Spamassassin Wiki] Update of "ReleaseGoals" by DanielQuinlan

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Spamassassin Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by DanielQuinlan:
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/ReleaseGoals

The comment on the change is:
update for 3.2

  #pragma section-numbers off

- Release goals for 3.1.
+ Release goals for 3.2.

  == High Level-Goals ==

-  * (./) lower resource usage: higher throughput and lower memory usage
+  * lower resource usage: higher throughput and lower memory usage
   * higher accuracy: lower FPs and lower FNs (rules, rules, rules... this also includes some notion of speeding up the mass-check process)
-  * (./) convert optional/non-performance-sensitive code to plugins (I think this is lower priority, but we've often talked about it and it also helps achieve the first goal of lower resource usage)

  == High Level Anti-Goals ==

   * features: extra options, non-critical changes not related to the above goals, etc. (except perhaps in plugins)
   * option bloat (except perhaps in plugins)

+ == Basic reorganization of rules ==
+
+  * SVN external for rules (using "if" for version-specific rules)
+  * separate 50_scores.cf into input and output files
+  * traversing configuration directories
+
  == Memory Usage ==

  We should probably evolve some understanding of what we want to convert
  to plugins.  Here's the list:

+  * finish transition away from AWL and finish replacing with "History" plugin including backwards compatibility
+  * plugin-ize Bayes
+  * move user preference configuration code to plugins
+  * plugin-ize whitelisting
-  * (./) Razor
-  * (./) DCC
-  * (./) Pyzor
-  * (./) SpamCop reporting
-  * (partial) nuke AWL and replace with "History" plugin
-  * (./) TextCat

  == Performance/Speed ==

@@ -52, +55 @@

            * Other SC Rules:          as early as possible
            * Other Local Rules:       lightweight

- == Speed Release Cycle ==
-
-  * Single-cycle mass-check
-    * (./) Add sample-based "autolearning" to mass-check
-    * (./) One run with network and bayes turned on
-    * Related, but non-required change to autolearning: the balancing of in and out (accuracy)
-
  == Accuracy Ideas ==

   * network test, do DNS lookups on the HELO (A, NS, and SURBL)
@@ -66, +62 @@

  == Uncategorized ==

+  * use personal branches for major breakage changes (read: crazy stuff)
+