Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com> on 2017/05/29 13:54:36 UTC

Default SQL schema name

Folks,

I am going to introduce predefined SQL schema which is always accessible on
all Ignite nodes [1]. Now I am thinking on how to name. Ideas are welcomed.

My 50 cents:
1) "public" - Postgres use this name
2) "mydb" - MySQL use this name
3) "ignite" - to be aligned with our product name
4) "default" - not the way to go, since "DEFAULT" is reserved SQL keyword.

Personally I prefer "public".

Any other thoughts?

Vladimir.

Re: Default SQL schema name

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
+1 for public

Re: Default SQL schema name

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@apache.org>.
+1 for public

--
Alexey Kuznetsov

Re: Default SQL schema name

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.

Re: Default SQL schema name

Posted by Sergey Kozlov <sk...@gridgain.com>.

--
Sergey Kozlov
GridGain Systems

Re: Default SQL schema name

Posted by Alexander Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
+1 for public

Kind regards,
Alex.

Re: Default SQL schema name

Posted by Taras Ledkov <tl...@gridgain.com>.
I'm OK with 'public'.

Does the "default schema" mean (for Ignite) that all object are
contained in the schema is available without a schema specification?

On 29.05.2017 16:54, Vladimir Ozerov wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I am going to introduce predefined SQL schema which is always accessible on
> all Ignite nodes [1]. Now I am thinking on how to name. Ideas are welcomed.
>
> My 50 cents:
> 1) "public" - Postgres use this name
> 2) "mydb" - MySQL use this name
> 3) "ignite" - to be aligned with our product name
> 4) "default" - not the way to go, since "DEFAULT" is reserved SQL keyword.
>
> Personally I prefer "public".
>
> Any other thoughts?
>
> Vladimir.

Taras Ledkov

Re: Default SQL schema name

Posted by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>.
+1 for ignite

Re: Default SQL schema name

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@gridgain.com>.

Re: Default SQL schema name

Posted by Sergi Vladykin <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Default SQL schema name

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
SQL Server uses "dbo", Oracle uses current user name.

I prefer "ignite". It is the only one that makes sense to me of all of the
above.

"public" - as opposed to "private"? What's the point?

Pavel