Posted to scm-dev@maven.apache.org by Mike Perham <Mi...@webifysolutions.com> on 2005/11/22 22:45:10 UTC

provider operations

Is there a high-level description of WHAT each operation is intended to
provide?  I'm trying to map Perforce onto these operations which were
obviously designed for use with svn/cvs and struggling with the
mismatches in the way the systems work.  Mostly with update and status.
Can someone in the know shed a little light on what these operations
should do?

mike

Re: provider operations

Posted by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>.
Have you looked at the javadoc's of ScmProvider? I tried to describe the
operations there, because I was struggeling with the same thing when trying
to implement ClearCase. If these descriptions are unsufficient, we should
update those.

regards,

Wim

Re: provider operations

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
Doc is actually only in ScmProvider javadoc.

Status command returns the status of files in working copy, it's useful to know if a file is
modified locally and not committed. Do you have an equivalent in Perforce?
Update command update all files in working copy with latest version of files that exists in scm
repository. This command use internally in maven-scm the changelog command.

Emmanuel