Posted to user@commons.apache.org by William Evans <wi...@ronin-capital.com> on 2005/12/20 16:22:40 UTC

XMLConfiguration load problem - External Entity not found

I am using 'commons-configuration-1.2.jar' to make it easier to read XML
configuration files.

The files are not terribly complex but do have associated DTDs. Ideally
I would like to specify the DTD location using a local, relative path.
The problem is that when I try and load the file, I get:

Relative URI "../../../yyyy.dtd"; can not be resolved without a base
URI.

So, after reading about a similar problem with solution posted by
Oliver, I tried specifying the full path. Now I get:

External entity not found:
"file://C:/eclipse/workspace/xxxx/dtds/yyyyy.dtd".

Or...

External entity not found: "C:/eclipse/workspace/xxxx/dtds/yyyyy.dtd".

What is up here? Is the use of DTDs not really supported? In the article
I found, Oliver said that he had fixed the relative path problem. Is
there some other issue going on?

Any help much appreciated...

Bill

Re: XMLConfiguration load problem - External Entity not found

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@t-online.de>.
William Evans wrote:

>I am using 'commons-configuration-1.2.jar' to make it easier to read XML
>configuration files.
>

>The files are not terribly complex but do have associated DTDs. Ideally
>I would like to specify the DTD location using a local, relative path.
>The problem is that when I try and load the file, I get:
>

>Relative URI "../../../yyyy.dtd"; can not be resolved without a base
>URI.
>

>So, after reading about a similar problem with solution posted by
>Oliver, I tried specifying the full path. Now I get:
>

>External entity not found:
>"file://C:/eclipse/workspace/xxxx/dtds/yyyyy.dtd".
>

>Or...
>

>External entity not found: "C:/eclipse/workspace/xxxx/dtds/yyyyy.dtd".
>

>What is up here? Is the use of DTDs not really supported? In the article
>I found, Oliver said that he had fixed the relative path problem. Is
>there some other issue going on?
>

>Any help much appreciated...
>

>Bill

Could you please provide a code fragment how you setup and load your
XMLConfiguration instance? And full stack traces of exceptions might be
useful, too.

The mentioned fix should be in 1.2. There is a unit test that tests
posibilities are covered?

Oliver

Re: XMLConfiguration load problem - External Entity not found

Posted by "Bond - James D." <ja...@telesoft.com>.
I reported this same issue back in August or earlier ... I thought the fix
would be in 1.2 .... guess not.  :(

--
James Dalrymple
Telesoft Corp.