Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Duncan Findlay <du...@debian.org> on 2005/07/15 05:49:41 UTC

Re: MTA developer question

[ cc'd users list in my reply, hope you don't mind ]

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 09:12:25PM +1000, Jason Faulkner wrote:
> As my users create their newsletters, etc, I would like my application
> to automatically give them a spam assassin type of score that it uses to
> parse their email before they send it. That way they can make sure that
> any keywords are removed, etc, before sending.

Interesting idea, you can ceryainly try that, but keep in mind that
SpamAssassin tests more than just the body -- stuff like network tests
don't really work until a messages is sent.

> I would also like to look at an accreditation system here in Australia
> that Australian business can subscribe to, etc, that could ultimately
> become part of your application? Any idea how I go about this, ie what
> would your system require we do as a minimum to qualify as an "anti spam
> accredited system".

Essentially you would need to come up with a system in which sent mail
can be identified as ham with very minimal false positives, and very
minimal potential for abuse. (Hint: this is very difficult) Also, it
has to be palatable for the community. (This is vague, I know)

--
Duncan Findlay