Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Gregory F. March" <ma...@gfm.net> on 2003/09/19 17:49:53 UTC

Action parameter field

I have an <html:link> tag that is passing paramId, paramName and
paramProperty to a LookupDispatchAction action.

How can I set the parameter so the LookupDispatchAction functions
properly?  I know I can do it with javascript, but I don't like
hardcoding the parameter in the jsp.  I also know that the html:link tag
can take a map, but I don't know how to build that in my jsp.

I was thinking of having the link call a forward action and that action
could specify a parameter in addition to the one that I set, but I'm not
sure if this can be done, and I can't find any reference as to the
syntax of the parameter attribute of an action in the struts-config.xml
file.  Is it something like:

   parameter="my.forward.location;myAction=processrequest" ?

Thanks,

/greg

--
Gregory F. March    -=-    http://www.gfm.net:81/~march    -=-    AIM:GfmNet