Posted to dev@iota.apache.org by Tony Faustini <to...@litbit.com> on 2017/08/02 20:38:59 UTC

August iota report - comments welcome

iota

Open source system that enables the orchestration of IoT devices.

iota has been incubating since 2016-01-20.

1. An initial release of iota
2. Building a more active community
3. Consistency in the discussions on mailing lists/ steady flow of source code
contributions

aware of?

None

We have @crostofolini and @rafaelweingartner working on integrating the
Spring framework into iota (pull request 35)

We are waiting on a jar file to be removed from the test suite so that
an initial release of the software can be produced. (The jar file is related to
iota tests - need committer to publish the source code - enabling us to remove the
jar artifact enabling the initial release of the software).

The initial release will include the Spring integration if the needed fixes are
in place otherwise the initial release will proceed without the Spring Framework
Integration.

Ticket's are in place for the initial release.

Interest in using iota (including the Spring Framework) outside the committer group

The email reflectors for dev and users have become more active.

New functionality was added to iota - global performers.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

 [ ] Initial setup
 [X] Working towards first release
 [X] Community building
 [ ] Nearing graduation
 [ ] Other:

Date of last release:

 XXXX-XX-XX

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

Yes - Barbara Gomes was added as a committer on 12/02/2016

Re: August iota report - comments welcome

Posted by Tony Faustini <to...@litbit.com>.
Thanks for the input Lucas. We can add this functionality into the next release.

-Tony

Posted by Lucas Berri Cristofolini <lu...@gmail.com>.