Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com> on 2003/08/18 19:09:52 UTC

XNI - inserting an element

Hi,

I have XML that looks like:

<list>
  <item/>
</list>

I want to use XNI to insert an element when the 'endElement' event is
triggered for the closing 'list' element.

So far, I have tried extending the XNIPassThroughFilter. I would think that
I could call a super.startElement passing it the appropriate objects. But
since it is not readily available, I was wondering if there was a different
way. Should I just an insert a character buffer (or something similar) into
the XmlInputSource? If so, how?

Is there a simple way to add an element during a XNI parse/filter?

Thanks for any hints or pointers,
-Rob

RE: XNI - inserting an element

Posted by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com>.
Just noticed I sent this to the wrong list... Sorry.