Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Raja Nagendra Kumar <Na...@tejasoft.com> on 2010/02/02 10:16:47 UTC

with refid to support further narrowing

 <fileset refid="src.select.patterns" >
                <include name="**/*ApplicationManager.java"/>

            </fileset>

Would be possible to fileset or any resource collection, when refered
through a reference, can this be further narrowed using the <include> and
<exclude>

Currently ant does not support this, it says when refid is used, then
include and exlcude is not allowed etc.

Are there any good alternate approaches in this context.

Regards,
Raja Nagendra Kumar,
C.T.O
www.tejasoft.com

Re: with refid to support further narrowing

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com>.
In theory you could rebuild the fileset from the restrict
resourcecollection, given that you presumably know the original
basedir used to create the fileset.  A rough outline would be along
the lines of:

<property name="foo.dir" location="foo" />
<fileset id="allfoo" dir="${foo.dir}" />

<restrict id="onlyjavafoo">
   <resources refid="fs" />
   <name name="**/*.java" />
</restrict>

<fail message="No java resources found" />
   <condition>
     <resourcecount refid="onlyjavafoo" count="0" />
   </condition>
</fail>

<pathconvert refid="onlyjavafoo" property="javafooincludes" pathsep=",">
   <globmapper from="${foo.dir}/*" to="*" handledirsep="true" />
</pathconvert>

<fileset id="javafoofs" dir="${foo.dir}" includes="$
{javafooincludes}" />

Something along these lines ought to do it in this limited case.

HTH,
Matt

Posted by Raja Nagendra Kumar <Na...@tejasoft.com>.

Posted by Raja Nagendra Kumar <Na...@tejasoft.com>.