Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "richie.riviere@gmail.com" <ri...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/11 07:22:32 UTC

Apache Camel File component preMove, move and moveFailed relative rather than absolute

Hi guys,

I've got a question about preMove, move and moveFailed. PreMove seems to be
relative to the input directory and move seems to be relative to the preMove
directory. For example if I do a..

    	from("file:{{dir.item.inbox}}?"
    			+ "doneFileName={{filename.item.trigger}}&"
    			+ "preMove={{dir.item.staging}}&"
    			+ "move={{dir.item.done}}&"
    			+ "moveFailed={{dir.item.error}}")

where ....

dir.item.inbox=src/inbox/items/
dir.item.staging=staging
dir.item.done=.done
dir.item.error=.error
filename.item.trigger=NEWFILES.TRG

when the file is processed successfully I get the original file moved into a
done directory in the following folder structure...

src>inbox>items>staging>.done

I assume it is the same for error although I haven't been able to test this
yet.

Is there anyway to make the paths not relative to each other. For example is
t here someway I could specify....
dir.item.inbox=src/inbox/items/
dir.item.staging=src/inbox/items/staging
dir.item.done=src/inbox/items/done
dir.item.error=src/inbox/items/error
filename.item.trigger=NEWFILES.TRG

I've actually tried this but the directory structure that was created was
nasty. lol

thanks for your help.

Re: Apache Camel File component preMove, move and moveFailed relative rather than absolute

Posted by "richie.riviere@gmail.com" <ri...@gmail.com>.
ok. As long as this is the way it is meant to work. thank you. yes making
your change worked.

Re: Apache Camel File component preMove, move and moveFailed relative rather than absolute

Posted by "kraythe ." <kr...@gmail.com>.
Its working according to the documentation.
try ../done to make done a sibling to staging.

*Robert Simmons Jr. MSc. - Lead Java Architect @ EA*
*Author of: Hardcore Java (2003) and Maintainable Java (2012)*
*LinkedIn: **http://www.linkedin.com/pub/robert-simmons/40/852/a39
<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/robert-simmons/40/852/a39>*