Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "t.n.a." <tn...@sharanet.org> on 2005/03/18 19:29:52 UTC

contrib:table state

Hi everyone,

it works, but I don't know why. :)
I have a list of items and I display them page by page. The user can
click an item to see item details (using DirectLink). On the details
page, there's a "return to results" PageLink. Anyway, I'm quite curios
how the details page knows which tablepage it should display when it
displays the items list. The only explicitly persistent property I use
is an ID I send to the details page so that the page knows which item
details to display.
Can anyone please enlighten me? Is this working by accident (tapestry
retrieving the last used page object or something like that)?

Tomislav

Re: contrib:table state

Posted by "t.n.a." <tn...@sharanet.org>.
Mind Bridge wrote:

>Hi,
>
>By default, Table stores its state in a persistent property which is
>associated with the page. That means that if you go back to that page and
>the persistent properties have not been forgotten, the same state would be
>used as before. You could clear it if you want to by calling the reset()
>method of Table, but normally it stays the same.
>
>You could also change where the state is stored via the
>tableSessionStoreManager parameter. If your table is to be used on multiple
>pages, but you want it to use the same state, create an implementation that
>stores it into the VIsit and pass it to that parameter.

Thanks, that clears it up.

Re: contrib:table state