Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Suzy Fynes <su...@sentenial.ie> on 2004/07/29 15:19:30 UTC

WSDD and WSDL

I'm just looking for clarity as to exactly how the web service
deployment descriptor works.  How is it interrelated with wsdl in axis?
Do I still create the WSDL by deploying a jws file? Once tested using
the AdminClient class in axis how is processed from there?

Any help would be great!
Thanks,
Suzy

RE: WSDD and WSDL

Posted by Chandrasegaram Jeyakumaran <jk...@opensource.lk>.
Hi,
Sorry I didn't really see the replies for this mail. That's why my reply
came.
Ok if you have a complexed java class then what would be the easy way?
I can suggest what I am doing with this.(I don't know whether it is the
right method. But I used to do this)
1)generate the wsdl for your complexed class.(Java2WSDL)
2)Then using that wsdl generate the skelotons.(WSDL2Java)
3)Ok then there will be a service impl class. Fill the logics of your
methods there.
4)Then fine you won't have any headaches. Deploy the service using
adminclient.
Everything will be fine.:)

regards,
Jeyakumaran

Lanka Software Foundation
Promoting opensource in Srilanka

RE: WSDD and WSDL

Posted by Suzy Fynes <su...@sentenial.ie>.
That's a big help! Thanks!

Re: WSDD and WSDL

Re: WSDD and WSDL

Posted by Chandrasegaram Jeyakumaran <jk...@opensource.lk>.
Hi,

you need WSDL for generating skelotons and stubs as well as publishing
your service detail.(for a simple case).

Once you have generated your skelotons and stubs,you don't really need wsdl.
You need to deploy your service detail. Then only axis engine will be able
to invoke your webservice.
That deployment is done in the wsdd file.
Here wsdl plays no role with this.
For jws it is an instant deployment.
I think it is better to have a look at axis userguide which explains these
stuffs in detail.

regards,
Jeyakumaran