Posted to user@abdera.apache.org by "Olson, Dan (LNG-CSP)" <da...@lexisnexis.com> on 2011/01/18 19:33:47 UTC

Help with extensions

I've been attempting to construct a feed document with custom entries with no success. While I've seen some (very little) discussion on the web regarding my error.

My code looks like:

ProfileElement profileElement = entry.addExtension(Constants.QNAME_PROFILE);

And my error is:

"org.apache.abdera.parser.stax.FOMExtensibleElement cannot be cast to ProfileElement"

I can verify the configuration of my extension factory, and trace calls into it.

this.addImpl(QNAME_PROFILE, ProfileElement.class);

The Getting Started Guide leads me to believe that "Extension Factories are covered in detail in the Developer's Guide<developers.html>." However, that link is broken because the destination, developers.html, does not exist.  Can someone please help me resolve this exception and/or direct me to the referenced Developer's Guide?

Thanks

Re: Help with extensions

Posted by christine koppelt <ch...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Dan,

there is an example regarding extensions bundled with the release,
have you checked it?
(http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/abdera/java/trunk/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/abdera/examples/extension/)

How does your ProfileElement class looks like? It should extend the
class ElementWrapper.
(definitely room for improving the API here...)

Unfortunately there is no detailed doco about extensions.

regards

Christine