Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joseph Wong <jo...@hotmail.com> on 2000/12/21 11:24:55 UTC

Servlet and JSP mapping in Tomcat + Apache

Hi,

I want to use Apache + Tomcat to develop JSP and Servlet programs, where
Apache serves HTML pages and Tomcat serves JSP and Servlet.

How to make mappings for JSP and Srvlet such that:

1) http://host-name/jsp/*.jsp --> go to jsp directory and run jsp
2) http://host-name/servlet/servlet-name --> go to servlet directory and
run servlet.
??????

And jsp and servlet should be in the same context so that jsp and servlet
programs can communicate.
??????

I have tried to create a context "/jsp" and mapped to jsp directory, also
created "web-inf\classes" under jsp directory to hold servlet programs. In
that way, i can call servlet programs by "/jsp/servlet/servlet-name".
However I CANNOT call servlet programs by "/servlet/servlet-name" in

Please help.........

Re: Servlet and JSP mapping in Tomcat + Apache

Posted by Jeffrey Miller <jm...@gfs.com>.
You'll have to setup mod_jk to let Tomcat and Apache communicate - there is
a nice howto that will help you