Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Immi <mi...@nowhow.ch> on 2007/04/13 10:26:25 UTC

List with checkboxes

I would like to have a checkbox in every row of my list. The user can select
the rows he wants to
use and submit this rows.

I used the following declaration of the form, but I only get a Checkbox in
the header instead of every column:

    <form name="ListArchive" type="multi" use-row-submit="true"
list-name="listIt">
        <actions>
            <set field="entityName" value="Archive"/>
            <service service-name="performFind" result-map-name="result"
result-map-list-name="listIt">
                <field-map field-name="inputFields"
env-name="requestParameters"/>
                <field-map field-name="entityName" env-name="entityName"/>
            </service>
        </actions>

       ...more fields...
        <field name="submitButton" title="Process"
widget-style="smallSubmit"><submit/></field>
     </form>

Regards,
Michael

Re: List with checkboxes

Posted by Michael Imhof <mi...@nowhow.ch>.
Thanks, it works now...

Michael

Re: List with checkboxes

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.

Jacopo

Re: List with checkboxes

Posted by Immi <mi...@nowhow.ch>.

Re: List with checkboxes

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.

Re: List with checkboxes

Posted by Immi <mi...@nowhow.ch>.
Jacopo,

Re: List with checkboxes

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.
I think you would be better off keeping just one check box but find a way of
submitting to different targets depending on the desired action, e.g.
"reject selected" button and "approve selected" button

Regards
Scott

Re: List with checkboxes

Posted by Iain Fogg <ia...@westnet.com.au>.
Jacopo,

Re: List with checkboxes

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Immi,

Re: List with checkboxes

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Michael,

This is likely a better question for the user's list.  You're likely to
get a faster response.  The dev list is for discussion around the
development of the community project, not so much personal development.

That being said, there are two likely solutions.
If you want to keep using the form widget, you need to process your
list to make sure the list is presented to the form in the order you
want it displayed.  This can be done through a service or script (side
not for the dev list: adding the order-value-list from minilang to the
form widget actions might be beneficial for this.)

If you don't want to process your list, using freemarker you can use
the ?sort_by directive for lists

<#list myCollection?sort_by("myField") as myItem>
  ${myItem.myField}
</#list>

or if you want to sort by a field that isn't one off of myItem

<#list myCollection?sort_by(["parentNode, childNode"]) as myItem>
  ${myItem.parentNode.childNode}
</#list>