Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Lee, Roger (NE)" <ro...@gd-ns.com> on 2004/06/09 15:12:55 UTC

SSL - Page Cannot be displayed

Greetings all,

Background: Server is W2K Adv SP2 with IIS 5.0.  JDK 1.3, JSSE
extensions are installed.

I am having some issues setting up Tomcat to use SSL.  I have
successfully installed a certificate in the keystore and configured the
server.xml file.  HTTPS is to listen on port 8443 and HTTP is to listen
on 8700.  I have done a netstat and confirmed that both ports are
listening on all IP addresses.

The issue I am having is when I go to https://localhost:8443
<https://localhost:8443/>  I get a page cannot be displayed.  If I go to
http://localhost:8700 <http://localhost:8700/>  the page comes up.  I
cannot figure out why HTTP works but HTTPS does not work.

Help!

Thanks,

Roger Lee
Computer Sciences Corporation
Supporting the General Dynamics Account
781-455-3249

written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use
of e-mail for such purpose.