Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by kaffeesurrogat <ka...@posteo.de> on 2020/06/03 13:09:20 UTC

Re: [DISCUSSION] next release

Hi Juan,

did this happen ?  What were the results ? Just curious

Have fun,

kaffeesurrogat

Re: [DISCUSSION] next release

Posted by ratatouille <ra...@bitclusive.de>.
Hello!

This is great to hear!

  Andreas

Re: [DISCUSSION] next release

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSSION] next release

Posted by Denis Noctor <de...@gmail.com>.
++1

Go for it!

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 8:20 PM seba.wagner@gmail.com <se...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> There is a vote open right now, Apache Foundation recommends to have the
> vote open for some time for community members to respond.
>
> There is some docs on how voting and agreeing works in Apache projects at:
> https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html
>
> Cheers
> Seb
>
> Sebastian Wagner
> Director Arrakeen Solutions
> http://arrakeen-solutions.co.nz/
>
> <https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/da4e8828-743d-4968-af6f-49033f10d60a/public_url>
> <https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/b7e709c6-aa87-4b02-9faf-099038475e36/public_url>
>

> On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 at 06:51, ratatouille <ra...@bitclusive.de>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> When will it be released?
>>
>>   Andreas
>>
>> Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> schrieb am 17.08.20 um 13:34:20
>> Uhr:
>>
>> > Hello All,
>> >
>> > I'm ready to start release process
>> > Could someone check
>> > https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/blob/master/README.md#500
>> > Shall some other fixed be mentioned in README/main page ?
>> >
>> > On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 at 05:22, seba.wagner@gmail.com <
>> seba.wagner@gmail.com>

>> bug. Not

>> is

>> https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/da4e8828-743d-4968-af6f-49033f10d60a/public_url

>> https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/b7e709c6-aa87-4b02-9faf-099038475e36/public_url

>> kaffeesurrogat@posteo.de>

>> we
>> file).
>> 'Moby

>> are
>> more

>> 19:00.
>> (CET).

>> and a

>> ready

>> run a
>> room ?

>> https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/da4e8828-743d-4968-af6f-49033f10d60a/public_url

>> https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/b7e709c6-aa87-4b02-9faf-099038475e36/public_url

>> kamhamea@googlemail.com

>> but

>> 5.1.0 :)

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Re: [DISCUSSION] next release

Posted by in...@bureau-de-poste.net.
  Hi,

I vote for immediate release of OM 5.0.0 stable. The entire world
needs this now, and we cannot wait for a few special cases to be
resolved. Those special casis, squid proxies, how to's  behind various
firewalls and different server setups - that's all post-release support.

Please release stable 5.0.0 now.

thanks,

ed

Quoting seba.wagner@gmail.com:

Links:
------
[1]
https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/da4e8828-743d-4968-af6f-49033f10d60a/public_url
[2]
https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/b7e709c6-aa87-4b02-9faf-099038475e36/public_url

Re: [DISCUSSION] next release

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSSION] next release

Posted by ratatouille <ra...@bitclusive.de>.
Hi!

Re: [DISCUSSION] next release

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Looks good

Quoting Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>:

> Hello Ed,
>
>        On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 at 18:13, <in...@bureau-de-poste.net> wrote:
>
>> _Hello,
>>
>> I know that you don't mean this type of thing, but just for what
>> it's worth - a few English improvements (I'm a former English
>> teacher!):_
>
>     _README contains the most valuable changes from
> CHANGELOG https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#release-notes---openmeetings---version-500_
>     _So the first thing to check is: what can be added to let users
> know they should update to this version :)_
>
>     _improvements in English are much appreciated :)_
>     _ _
>
>> _- Flash plugin (is no more required) in the browser --> "is no
>> longer required ..."
>> - Libraries are updated (with latest versions) --> "to latest versions"
>> - Front camera (is being used by default) --> "is used by default"_
>
>     _Will apply these ASAP, Thanks!_
>     _ _
>
>> _and finally,
>>
>> - "Camera resolution is taken over immediately"  (I don't know what
>> this means!)._
>
>     _This actually means if you will start setup dialog in the room
> and change camera or resolution these changes will be applied as
> soon as you will press the Save button_
>     _(previously browser restart was required ...)
>
> Then  __use --> "Camera resolution changes take effect immediately"_

> _ _
>
>> _Do you mean "Camera resolution is changed immediately" or "is set
>> immediately" ? If you mean that when a logged-in user changes the
>> camera resolution that the new resolution takes effect immediately,
>> use --> "Camera resolution changes take effect immediately"
>>
>> Thanks for the great work; I will be installing 5.0.0 as soon as
>> its ready to test on buster as well as on ubuntu low latency
>> kernel, which might help a few things.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Ed
>>
>> Quoting Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>:_
>>
>>> _Hello All, _               _ _
>>>         _I'm ready to start release process_
>>>         _Could someone
>>> check https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/blob/master/README.md#500_
>>>         _Shall some other fixed be mentioned in README/main page ?_
>>>
>>>                _On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 at 05:22,
>>> seba.wagner@gmail.com <se...@gmail.com> wrote:_

Links:
------
[1]

Re: [DISCUSSION] next release

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Ed,

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: [DISCUSSION] next release

Posted by in...@bureau-de-poste.net.
  Hello,

I know that you don't mean this type of thing, but just for what it's
worth - a few English improvements (I'm a former English teacher!):
- Flash plugin (is no more required) in the browser --> "is no longer
required ..."
- Libraries are updated (with latest versions) --> "to latest versions"
- Front camera (is being used by default) --> "is used by default"

and finally,

- "Camera resolution is taken over immediately"  (I don't know what
this means!).
Do you mean "Camera resolution is changed immediately" or "is set
immediately" ? If you mean that when a logged-in user changes the
camera resolution that the new resolution takes effect immediately,
use --> "Camera resolution changes take effect immediately"

Thanks for the great work; I will be installing 5.0.0 as soon as its
ready to test on buster as well as on ubuntu low latency kernel, which
might help a few things.

Best regards,

Ed

Quoting Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>:

> Hello All,
>    I'm ready to start release process
>    Could someone
> check https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/blob/master/README.md#500
>    Shall some other fixed be mentioned in README/main page ?
>
>      On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 at 05:22, seba.wagner@gmail.com
> <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It seems well established that the Safari issue is a webkit/Apple
>> bug. Not OpenMeetings code issue.
>>      So I don't see why waiting for our release would fix anything.
>> There is nothing wrong with the OpenMeetings code.
>>
>>      So I would think, maybe adding a note/link to the webkit bug
>> ticket or something, but we could release OpenMeetings 5.0.0
>>
>>      Thanks
>>      Seb
>>
>>                                         Sebastian Wagner
>>           Director Arrakeen Solutions
>>           http://arrakeen-solutions.co.nz/
>>
>>          [1][2]
>>
>>          On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 at 06:09, Alvaro <zu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Right now i've finished to test OM 5.0.0 - 3255.
>>>
>>>        Please, ahead with the new release. It is really great.

Links:
------
[1]

Re: [DISCUSSION] next release