Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Prefabbricati <dh...@yopmail.com> on 2017/11/29 10:18:11 UTC

[allura:tickets] Re: Ticket 4936 discussion

The first link of sourceforge (Undocumented feature) not working.

---

** [tickets:#4936] Project upgrade discarded ticket 'resolution' values [ss541]**

**Status:** closed
**Milestone:** v1.0.0
**Labels:** support p3 migration 42cc
**Created:** Thu Sep 13, 2012 07:16 PM UTC by Chris Tsai
**Last Updated:** Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:07 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

[forge:site-support:#541]

>The SF2 Tickets tool seems to try to combine the functions of the separate 'status' and 'resolution' fields of the old SF1 Trackers into a single 'status' field.  There are very good reasons to keep 'resolution' and 'status' separate when tracking bugs and feature requests, and that is how Bugzilla does it too.

>I understand that I can use the custom field function to add Resolution to all my ticket tools, with a menu of values. And I discovered that if I enable "Show in search" for that field, then the new field shows in the ticket listing. ([Undocumented feature?](https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/documentation/Tracker%20-%20Beta/))

>The problem is that when the SF1 tracker data was upgraded to the SF2 tickets tool, all the 'resolution' values were apparently discarded. For record-keeping purposes, this is a big deal, as there is no way to determine how a ticket was resolved except what you can glean from the comments. For example, [this old bug report](https://sourceforge.net/p/phplot/bugs/19/) has status=Closed but doesn't say why. From my pre-upgrade XML backup, I can see the resolution was 101=Duplicate.

>(While I am complaining about Tracker to Tickets migration, it would have been nice to have a populated "old ID" field, so when my NEWS or ChangeLog says "fixed bug #1234567", I had some way of finding the new ticket for it, other than searching by summary.)

Perhaps we should add each resolution that's used to "Closed Statuses" during migration?

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/