Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Snir Kodesh <sk...@qpass.com> on 2006/08/25 23:15:39 UTC

Maven 2 Ant Plugin: Java task fails but build succeeds

I've been following the "Better Builds with Maven" ant plugin creation
example (found on 5.4.2) to create an ant plugin which will leverage the
<java> task by adding the ant library to the maven-plugin-plugin. I've
forked the JVM, specified a classpath, and made the appropriate java
calls.The plugin is functionally sound. Per the example in the text,
I've created the corresponding x.mojos.xml file which corresponds to the
x.build.xml file.

My problem comes if and when I get an error from the java task. In the
case of any kind of exception from the java task, the plugin will fail
and yet the build will print "Success."

Snir Kodesh
Software Engineering Intern
Qpass - Amdocs Digital Commerce Division
2211 Elliott Avenue | Suite 400 | Seattle, WA 98121
o: +1 206.695.9521| skodesh@qpass.com