Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org> on 2013/02/11 13:21:07 UTC

Role propagation query

Hi all,

I have an Apache DS backend + I can synchronize role (names) by adding a
Role Mapping in the Resource. The question is how can I propagate a new
role to the backend? It doesn't appear to be as straightforward as
synchronization, as I guess I need to define some value for the "member"
attribute. Propagation fails with:

        at
org.connid.bundles.ldap.commons.GroupHelper.addMemberAttributeIfMissing(GroupHelper.java:171)
        at
org.connid.bundles.ldap.modify.LdapCreate.executeImpl(LdapCreate.java:120)

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: Role propagation query

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
> Hi Francesco,
>
>> take a look at test configuration: the LDAP connector configuration + LDAP
>> resource mapping (for users and roles) is working either in propagation and
>> in synchronization (both with embedded ApacheDS).
>>

>> I figured out the cause...it's due to a bug in the LDAP Connector bundle
>> when using "groupOfNames":
>>
>> https://connid.atlassian.net/browse/LDAP-5

Nice catch (and fix)!

Regards.