Posted to dev@madlib.apache.org by Karen Vuong <ka...@apache.org> on 2016/02/09 04:23:45 UTC

[VIRTUAL] MADlib Meeting on Feb 17th

Hi all,

It's time for the next MADlib virtual meeting on February 17th!

Each meeting starts with a 20-minute technology discussion topic, followed
by a contributor & committer discussion of open JIRA issues, release
coordination, and open Q&A.

20-minute Tech Talk: Overview of Geographically Weighted Regression (GWR)
Analysis of Spatial Data

Chenliang Wang will discuss:

- An overview of Geographically Weighted Regression (GWR) analysis of
spatial data
- Motivation about spatial statistics and GWR with MADlib and PostGIS
- Technical background for GWR
- Discussion about interface to implement

About Chenliang Wang

I am currently a data scientist at a real estate research company in China.
My work is centered around statistical approaches and spatial database for
hedonic regressions. Broadly, my research focuses on developing and
integrating geospatial methods to advance real estate analysts. Before
taking this position, I was a Ph.D student in GIS from University of
Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China.

We look forward to having you join us.

Please join us on February 17th, 2016 at:
https://pivotalcommunity.adobeconnect.com/madlib/

2/17 Beijing, China 9:00AM CST UTC+08:00
2/16 San Francisco, CA 5:00 PM PST UTC-8 hours
2/16 New York, NY 8:00 PM EST UTC-5 hours

Thanks,

Karen

Adobe Connect tips: For issues with Chrome.  A little icon appears in the
address bar.  It's EASY to miss. You click it and it allows Adobe to use
the mic, even if you select 'allow' in the popup, it doesn't work until you
change it in address bar too.

Also, preload as much content as is possible to help bandwidth issues.
----------------
If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:

Test your connection:
https://pivotalcommunity.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm

Get a quick overview: http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconnect.html

Re: [VIRTUAL] MADlib Meeting on Feb 17th

Posted by Greg Chase <gr...@gregchase.com>.
Just a reminder that this call starts in 5 minutes.

See you soon at: https://pivotalcommunity.adobeconnect.com/madlib/
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fpivotalcommunity.adobeconnect.com%2Fmadlib%2F&sa=D&ust=1455676401079000&usg=AFQjCNGSX52YKsCzXiW4jkfc-bgP7Eo1wQ>

Posted by Greg Chase <gr...@gregchase.com>.