Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Dan Sikorsky <te...@rocketmail.com> on 2009/10/24 16:35:53 UTC

Using james servers for mail forwarding

Hello,
 My ISP blocks port 25 inbound and out.
 I have awindows james server, smtp on port 2525.  This accepts incoming mail from the internet, on port 2525 . All mail sent to this server internally (say from Thunderbird) is set to relay out to outbound.mailhop.org

Everything works fine.

My free bsd server, is running smtp on port 25, it is intended for internal use only. I need it running on port 25, so I can have open Xchange forward mail through this, and accept mail through this.

I have the gateway set up on the BSD machine to forward all mail out to port 2525 on the other machine, which should in turn forward it out through outbound.mailhop.org
When I had it pointing to my windows machine on port 2525, the mail just stayed in outgoing, Once I changed this to outbound.mailhop.org, and used the username and password, the mails sent right out. This is fine, but I need to know how to use james as a relay, because the openXchange server is going to need to forward to port25.

Basically I need :
OXserver relays all outward mail to bsdserver port 25
This in turn relays all mail to mailserverXP port 2525
which in turn sends out through outbound.mailhop.org 2525

I am pretty sure I have all the security settings in the config.xml right. I have my internal network in the allowed list,  I have the anti relay part disabled, because i use the ips in smtp auth. and I am able to telnet from BSDserver to mailserverxp on port 2525 and send mail out no problem, why wont james just do it?

thanks

Re: Using james servers for mail forwarding NM!

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Nice you figure it out by your own.

As always any feedback is welcome :)

Bye,