Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by mathew <ma...@spectrum.co.in> on 2001/02/12 13:04:40 UTC

directory browsing....

can somebody tell me how do i prevent directory browsing
 when i am running tomcat as standalone web server

eg. http://localhost:8080/examples/

max

Re: directory browsing....

Posted by "Oldeboershuis, Simon" <so...@outermedia.de>.
mathew schrieb:

> can somebody tell me how do i prevent directory browsing
>  when i am running tomcat as standalone web server
>
> eg. http://localhost:8080/examples/

The problem and the solution appears serveral times in the mailing list
and in several mailing archives AND it is to be found in the server.xml
file in the tomcat/conf directory.

        <!-- "default" handler - static files and dirs.  Set the
             "suppress" property to "true" to suppress directory
listings
             when no welcome file is present.

             NOTE:  This setting applies to *all* web applications that
             are running in this instance of Tomcat.
          -->
        <RequestInterceptor
            className="org.apache.tomcat.request.StaticInterceptor"
            debug="0" suppress="true" />

so long!
	simon