Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Søren Blidorf <so...@nolas.dk> on 2010/03/24 12:11:50 UTC

path in context.xml

I am trying to configure context in a META-INF context.xml which is new to
me.

I have set my path to "myPath" and when I am deploying my "myWar.war" I
thought that my app would be called myPath but instead, as usual, it is
called myWar.

What am I doing wrong??? What is path for???

Soren, DK

RE: path in context.xml

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Søren Blidorf [mailto:soren@nolas.dk]
> Subject: path in context.xml
>
> I am trying to configure context in a META-INF context.xml which
> is new to me.
>
> I have set my path to "myPath"

The path attribute is illegal when the <Context> element is in META-INF/context.xml.  You must rename your .war file to myPath.war.

> What am I doing wrong??? What is path for???

The path attribute is viable *only* when the webapp is located outside of any <Host> appBase directory and the <Context> element is in server.xml - and placing <Context> elements in server.xml is not wise.

 - Chuck