Posted to user@hive.apache.org by upd r <up...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/26 20:24:39 UTC

Reg: Controlling number of Precision digits

Hi,

Can someone please tell me if there is a way to alter the precision digits
for a double/float data type to 2 or 3.
Eg: 232879.7979879 to 232879.79

Thanks,
UPD

Re: Reg: Controlling number of Precision digits

Posted by upd r <up...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Bala.

Posted by Bala Krishna Gangisetty <ba...@altiscale.com>.

Posted by Nagarjuna Vissarapu <na...@gmail.com>.
If you want to convert 232879.7979879 to 232879.79 use BigDecimal class

--
With Thanks & Regards
Nagarjuna Vissarapu