Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Christoph Koch <ap...@il-is-valid.com> on 2011/06/16 20:54:38 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: PHP Parsing Problem

Hello Zavelopez,

* zavelopez@gmail.com wrote '[1]:

> 2. The contents of the php5.conf file are as follows:

> <IfModule mod_php5.c>
>     <FilesMatch "\.ph(p3?|tml)$">
>         SetHandler application/x-httpd-php
>     </FilesMatch>
>     <FilesMatch "\.phps$">
>         SetHandler application/x-httpd-php-source
>     </FilesMatch>
>     # To re-enable php in user directories comment the following lines
>     # (from <IfModule ...> to </IfModule>.) Do NOT set it to On as it
>     # prevents .htaccess files from disabling it.
>     <IfModule mod_userdir.c>
>         <Directory /home/*/public_html>
>             php_admin_value engine Off
>         </Directory>
>     </IfModule>
> </IfModule>

For me there is missing an entry for the file ending .php. So it won't
get interpreted and Apache offers it as download.

In my configuration I noted the following and it works:

,----- [ mods-available/php5.conf ]
| <IfModule mod_php5.c>
|   AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .aspx
|   AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
| </IfModule>
`-----

CMIIW.

--
Greetz,
Christoph

[1] ~ Message from: 16.06.2011 @ 17:13:02 +0000 GMT
mid:bcaec520ecc3b1832f04a5d7617d@google.com

Re: [users@httpd] Re: PHP Parsing Problem

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.

> > 2. The contents of the php5.conf file are as follows:
>
> > <IfModule mod_php5.c>
> >     <FilesMatch "\.ph(p3?|tml)$">
> >         SetHandler application/x-httpd-php
> >     </FilesMatch>
> >     <FilesMatch "\.phps$">
> >         SetHandler application/x-httpd-php-source
> >     </FilesMatch>
> >     # To re-enable php in user directories comment the following
> >     lines
> >     # (from <IfModule ...> to </IfModule>.) Do NOT set it to On as
> >     it
> >     # prevents .htaccess files from disabling it.
> >     <IfModule mod_userdir.c>
> >         <Directory /home/*/public_html>
> >             php_admin_value engine Off
> >         </Directory>
> >     </IfModule>
> > </IfModule>
>
> For me there is missing an entry for the file ending .php. So it
> won't
> get interpreted and Apache offers it as download.
>
> In my configuration I noted the following and it works:
>
> ,----- [ mods-available/php5.conf ]
> | <IfModule mod_php5.c>
> |   AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .aspx
> |   AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
> | </IfModule>
> `-----

This configuration is actually wrong. Or at least it's very bad.

See this: http://www.devside.net/articles/php for a full
"explanation" of why that is the case. Note that the PHP
documentation has been fixed since then.

See also: http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/PHPDownload

http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/DebianPHP

> CMIIW.
>
> --