Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sebastian Ho <se...@bii.a-star.edu.sg> on 2004/08/26 05:20:17 UTC

override actionerrors header

Hi

How do I override the actionerrors headers already defined in my
properties file (which is a validation message)?

I am using actionerrors in my exceptionhandler and the 'validation'
message is inappropriate in this case.

Thanks

Sebastian Ho

Re: override actionerrors header

Posted by Erik Weber <er...@mindspring.com>.
In my experience, using the bundle attribute was only one piece of the
puzzle. But then again, I often travel the long way.

If you run into problems, post again. I have form validation error
messages and other feedback error messages that use different formatting
(headers & footers), and I never create a single ActionError in any of
my code (pure declarative Exception handling + pure "automagical" form
validation). I can share how I did it, but I don't have time right this
minute.

If you create your own ActionErrors in code, you should look at Rick
Reumann's site ( http://www.reumann.net/struts/main.do ) for examples of
formatting with ActionMessages.

Erik

Posted by Shinobu Kawai <sh...@ieee.org>.