Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Houston Chan <Ho...@molasia.com> on 2000/08/04 05:55:32 UTC

Would/Can Property's override be configable insteads of hardcode?

Hi,

Would/Can Property's override be configable insteads of hardcode?

I'd hacked Property.addProperty () to skip override blocking for myself to
achieve that,
and I think it would be nicer to make that override more flexible; but just
dont know any concerns.

Houston Chan.

Re: Would/Can Property's override be configable insteads of hardcode?

Posted by Arion Yu <ar...@stt.com.hk>.
Hi!

If the property is already defined (eg with -D in java), the property would not
be overrided. Is this one serve you?

Arion

--
[This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may contain
information that is legally privileged. They are intended solely for the

Re: Would/Can Property's override be configable insteads of hardcode?

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@mad.scientist.com>.
At 11:55  4/8/00 +0800, you wrote:
>Would/Can Property's override be configable insteads of hardcode?

debate about this raged on dev list a while back. I think the consensus was
that everything gets moved to interpretation time rather than parse time. I
don't know what the opinion was on overiding properties but I believe
people wanted to overide them.

It should be resolved in next release :P

Cheers,

Pete